A class for intermediate to advanced guitarists of all styles who wish to improve their ability to read standard music notation. Instructor covers:
- Approaches to seeing the fingerboard as individual notes, not patterns.
- Choosing the proper position in which to play a given passage and how to most efficiently change from one position to another.
- Reading and counting syncopated, complex rhythms.
- Interpreting and executing phrasing and dynamic markings
- Identifying how and what to practice, making the process interesting and fun.
Sight-reading materials represent a variety of styles and genres.
Thursday 4:45 – 6:15 pm
7/6 – 8/17 (6 weeks) no class 7/27
Steve Erquiaga • $280
Steve Erquiaga (guitar)
National and international recording and performing artist; performed at Montreux Jazz Festival, Berlin Jazz Festival, North Sea Jazz Festival; performed with Bobby McFerrin, Joe Henderson, Les McCann, John Scofield, David Byrne, Turtle Island String Quartet, Paulo Bellinati, Andy Narell, and Paul McCandless; founder, leader, Trio Paradiso; faculty, Jamey Aebersold Jazz Clinics; publications include Guitar Duets and arrangements from his CD Cafe Paradiso.