A class for intermediate to advanced guitarists of all styles who wish to improve their ability to read standard music notation. Instructor covers:
- Approaches to seeing the fingerboard as individual notes, not patterns.
- Choosing the proper position in which to play a given passage and how to most efficiently change from one position to another.
- Reading and counting syncopated, complex rhythms.
- Interpreting and executing phrasing and dynamic markings
- Identifying how and what to practice, making the process interesting and fun.
Sight-reading materials represent a variety of styles and genres.
Wednesdays 4:45 – 6:15 pm
7/11 – 8/15 (6 weeks)
Steve Erquiaga • $280