Your Career Begins Here!
The California Jazz Conservatory offers degree programs taught by artist-educators who share a proven track record of success in transforming musicians into artists. With a small student body by design, CJC offers maximum individual attention at a competitively-priced level of tuition. We are currently accepting applications for:
Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies
Associate of Arts in Jazz Studies
The California Jazz Conservatory offers students:
- A 100% jazz-relevant curriculum, taught by artist-educators with a proven track record of turning students into professionals, musicians into artists
- A synergistic, comprehensive program of jazz education and performance for today’s professional jazz instrumentalist and vocalist
- Small classes taught by professional artists and experienced educators in the field of jazz and related styles of music
- Opportunities to study with preeminent artists and educators
- Performance opportunities at prominent Bay Area venues and workshop opportunities with resident faculty and visiting artists
- Access to important networking opportunities
- A downtown campus located in the heart of Berkeley’s vibrant Arts District, with easy access to the San Francisco Bay Area’s thriving arts scene
Scholarship Opportunities Available!
I WANT TO LEARN MORE!
“The California Jazz Conservatory is a community where musicians flourish…developing your own gifts and creativity into something that expresses your own uniqueness.”
“The true expertise of the faculty and their deep knowledge of their subject has put me on a straight line to developing my own jazz chops. They care very much about their students and getting them to their chosen musical destination,”
The California Jazz Conservatory offers students a synergistic, comprehensive program of jazz education and performance for today’s professional jazz instrumentalist and vocalist.
The California Jazz Conservatory admits the musician and graduates the artist
California Jazz Conservatory students and alumni perform at top level venues, are featured on foremost recording labels and are admitted to the country’s top graduate programs.
A 100% jazz-relevant curriculum taught by preeminent resident and visiting artist-educators
In addition to the core music curriculum, the California Jazz Conservatory’s General Studies Department offers courses 100% relevant to the aspiring professional jazz musician, including the History of Jazz, Public Speaking for the Professional Musician, Statistics for the Professional Musician, the Physics of Sound and Music, Protest Songs and more
Small classes taught by professional artists and experienced educators
CJC degree program faculty comprise of local, national and international artists and artist-educators of note in the field of jazz and related styles of music.
Performance opportunities at prominent Bay Area venues
Students perform at end-of-semester concerts, various clubs and jam sessions throughout the Bay Area, in addition to tour and competition opportunities in various jazz festivals across the country and around the world.
Yes! Tell me more about the CJC