The California Jazz Conservatory offers a 2-year Associate of Arts in Jazz Studies for instrumentalists and vocalists, comprised of the first 2 years of the CJC Bachelor of Music degree program.
The CJC Associate of Arts in Jazz Studies degree program offers candidates:
- A 100% jazz-relevant curriculum, taught by artist-educators with a proven track record of turning students into professionals, musicians into artists
- A synergistic, comprehensive program of jazz education and performance for today’s professional jazz instrumentalist and vocalist
- Small classes taught by professional artists and experienced educators in the field of jazz and related styles of music
- Opportunities to study with preeminent visiting artists and educators
- Performance opportunities at prominent Bay Area venues and workshop opportunities with resident faculty and visiting artists
- Access to important networking opportunities
- A downtown campus located in the heart of Berkeley’s vibrant Arts District, with easy access to the San Francisco Bay Area’s thriving arts scene
- An opportunity to fast track your jazz career, committing half the time investment and half the tuition.
CJC has supported and promoted individual creativity since its inception in 1997, earning widespread recognition as a hotbed for cutting edge new work. We will help you become the artist you aspire to be, with a program that celebrates and promotes individual expression on all fronts and for all students.