Thank you for considering a gift to the California Jazz Conservatory! We greatly appreciate your contribution to our ongoing efforts in support of jazz education.
Ways To Give
|Click the “Give Now Online” button above
|Click or tap here for a Giving-by-Mail Form.
Make your secure credit card gift by calling
510.845.5373 x 19.
|Email firstname.lastname@example.org for non-monetary or in-kind gifts.
|Please contact email@example.com
|Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Please see below.
Scholarships & Initiatives:
You may dedicate your gift to any one of the following CJC Scholarships and Initiatives*
Dick Conte Jazz Piano Scholarship
In honor of jazz pianist and radio luminary Dick Conte
Eddie Marshall Scholarship
Awarded to Jazzschool students in honor of legendary jazz drummer Eddie Marshall
Buddy Montgomery Jazz Legacy Scholarship
Awarded to an African American student enrolled in the CJC degree-program, in honor of jazz vibraphonist and pianist Buddy Montgomery
Kim Nalley Black Youth Scholarship
Established by jazz and blues recording artist Kim Nalley to advance jazz education among Black youth enrolled in the Jazzschool
Girls’ & Women’s Scholarship Fund
In honor of Women’s Camp staff member and vocalist Laurie Silverman as well as guitarist and long-time Jazzschool student Barbara Fitzpatrick
John Santos Latin Jazz Scholarship
Provides financial assistance to Girls and Women enrolling in CJC programs.
CJC Degree Program Scholarship
To assist enrolled Conservatory students in financial need
To assist students in financial need attend Jazzschool classes
* All scholarships at the California Jazz Conservatory are awarded based on a combination of merit and need.
For information on applying for scholarships contact Rob Ewing (email@example.com) for Jazzschool enrollment, or Jeff Denson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for degree program enrollment. For Girls’ & Women’s Camps scholarships contact Jean Fineberg (email@example.com)
Six options are available to donors who wish to make a major gift:
Outright Gift Options
- Securities, such as publicly traded stocks and bonds, may be gifted electronically through Merrill Lynch. Our Financial Advisor is Adam Messinger, who may be contacted at 510.208.3862 or 800.937.0725. Hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Pacific Time. CJC account number is 28004041; tax ID is 43-1983168.
- An IRA Charitable Rollover, for persons aged 70½ or older, may be in any amount up to and including $100,000 can be annually gifted, tax-free, from the donor’s IRA (Traditional or Rollover), counting toward the donor’s annual required minimum distribution.
Deferred Gift Options
- A bequest may be arranged through a Will and/or Living Trust.
- An IRA Beneficiary Designation may be easily completed online by visiting the website of the financial fiduciary where the IRA (Traditional, Rollover or Roth) is being managed and then designating the CJC as the (or a) beneficiary of this IRA.
- A Charitable Remainder Trust may be funded with an appreciated asset that first provides income (fixed or variable) to the donor and then benefits the CJC upon the donor’s passing.
The Jennifer A. Maxwell Endowment for Educational and Operational Excellence
- Your contribution to The Jennifer A. Maxwell Endowment for Educational and Operational Excellence will provide the Conservatory with a reliable source of funds each year, seen as necessary not only to sustaining, but also growing a reputable and competitive program, allowing the Conservatory to move forward artistically and academically and enabling it to do what it does best: nurture students who enter the Conservatory as burgeoning musicians and graduate as full-fledged artists. Moreover, the endowment provides the Conservatory with a compelling institutional strategy: it enables the institution to convey to its various constituencies that it is committed to sustained financial stability. Please contact Susan Muscarella, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information about the Endowment.
To learn more about these opportunities, please contact us at 510.845.5373 or email@example.com.
The California Jazz Conservatory is proud to have been awarded the 2021 GuideStar Gold Seal for Transparency from *Candid! Anyone can view CJC’s financial details and learn about the people at our organization by clicking here.