CJC Degree Programs
Jazzschool Classes/ Workshops
The California Jazz Conservatory admits musicians and graduates artists.
The California Jazz Conservatory educates future generations to sustain the jazz art form. Positioned as the only independent, accredited music conservatory in the country devoted solely to the study and performance of jazz and related styles of music from throughout the world, the California Jazz Conservatory provides a dynamic community of students, artists, educators, scholars and audiences with a forum to study, perform, teach, research, appreciate and enjoy jazz and related styles of music from throughout the world.
Comprising two distinct education programs, the California Jazz Conservatory (CJC), a postsecondary degree-granting program, and the Jazzschool Community Music School (Jazzschool), a non-degree-granting community education program, the institution honors the contributions of past masters and promotes artistic innovation, bringing together a diverse music community to develop practical skills, acquire artistic sensibility, realize creative potential and find artistic voice.
The following five goals and corresponding objectives serve to guide the CJC:
1. Promoting Excellence in Education The CJC strives to promote excellence in music scholarship and performance by:
2. Fostering High Ethical Standards The CJC strives to foster high ethical standards by:
3. Honoring Historical and Cultural Heritage The CJC strives to honor the historical and cultural heritage of the jazz canon by:
4. Nurturing Diversity in All of its Forms The CJC strives to create a diverse, all-inclusive, close-knit community by:
5. Developing Collaborations The CJC strives to build relationships and create collaborations with artistic and educational constituencies by: