Interim Marketing Associate
The California Jazz Conservatory (CJC) –– the only private music conservatory in the country solely devoted to jazz and related styles of music –– is currently seeking an Interim Marketing Associate to help support the Conservatory’s marketing efforts.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position Title: Interim Marketing Associate
Full-Time Equivalency: 0.375 (15 hours per week)
Reports To: Marketing Director
Compensation: $20-$22 per hour
Position Description: The Marketing Associate supports the Marketing department by creating social media posts and newsletters, handling routine website maintenance, and completing regular administrative tasks.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. CJC employees may attend concerts, classes and workshops free of charge!
This interim role is available into first quarter 2024, with the possibility of becoming permanent at that time depending on performance and the organization’s needs.
- Create social media assets using CJC branding
- Post content on social media supporting all CJC programs
- Create and send weekly concert and workshop emails via Mailchimp
- Create and send Jazzschool emails supporting quarterly enrollment
- Post all concerts on the CJC website
- Submit concerts to online calendars
- Continue affiliate relationships supporting affiliate trades and requests
- Support development outreach and engagement efforts
- Attend onsite events when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, marketing research or advertising preferred
- 1+ years of experience in both digital and traditional marketing including social media and print media
- Basic graphic design, an excellent eye for design
- Adept with Adobe Creative Suite, Mac OS, G Suite, Canva
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works effectively both individually and in teams
- Experience working with diverse teams and constituencies
- Experience with VBO (Virtual Box Office) or other online ticketing systems
- Experience with WordPress
- Video editing experience
- Experience using automation and SMS in Mailchimp
ABOUT THE CJC
The CJC awards Bachelor of Music, Associate of Arts and Master of Music degrees in Jazz Studies. Since 1997, the CJC community education program (the Jazzschool) has also offered classes, workshops and concerts to the public. Located in the heart of Berkeley’s Downtown Arts District, the CJC is a keystone of the San Francisco Bay Area’s vibrant music scene.
A decades-long leader in jazz education and performance, the CJC strongly supports diversity and equal opportunity among our staff, administration and Board. We welcome all applicants irrespective of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.