Play a Part – Support the California Jazz Conservatory!
Dear Friends of the CJC,
I am writing to invite you to invest in a truly unique institution – the California Jazz Conservatory. The CJC is the only independent, accredited music conservatory in the country that celebrates, preserves and advances America’s original art form, jazz. When you Play a Part in this endeavor, you make a significant impact on our future!
The CJC encompasses a diverse array of year-round programs:
- A degree-granting program for aspiring professional musicians
- The Jazzschool, a community music school for students of all ages and levels
- Workshops, camps and intensives for students of all ages and levels
- Concerts showcasing students, faculty and visiting artists
I want to share with you some of our recent accomplishments, made possible through your generous support. Most notably, we opened Fiddler Annex, adding 5,500 square feet to our campus, including:
- Rendon Hall, an 85-seat state-of-the-art performance space
- The Jennifer A. Maxwell Music Library, the Jamey Aebersold Jazz Studio and the Jennifer A. Maxwell Student Lounge
- Five state-of-the-art Wenger practice rooms made possible by generous contributions from Bertram Lubin, Hilary Perkins, Jerry Povse, John & Mary Raitt and Danny Scher
- A 16-station Keyboard Lab
In addition, the degree program held 84 classes, serving nearly 60 students per semester, while the Jazzschool served 1,287 students in 319 classes, 91 workshops and 6 camps and intensives. And, we produced 111 concerts, attended by more than 5,500 jazz patrons.
At this exciting time in our institution’s history, I invite you to join us in forwarding the Conservatory’s music education programs by making a tax-deductible donation to the CJC Fund, our annual fund that addresses a myriad of priorities at any given time.
Thank you for playing your part by considering a gift that will make a meaningful difference to the California Jazz Conservatory and a measureable impact on jazz.
Yours in jazz,
For more information contact Mary D’Orazi, Philanthropy Associate: firstname.lastname@example.org (510) 845-5373 ext. 19 or make a secure online donation by clicking the “Donate Now” button at the top of the page.