Thank you for considering a gift to the California Jazz Conservatory!
We greatly appreciate your contribution to our ongoing efforts in support of jazz education.
Your gift will be earmarked for the CJC Fund, in support of general operating needs, unless you prefer to designate it to a particular Scholarship or Initiative, as noted below.
Please fill out the following form to facilitate your Online Gift.
If you prefer to give by other means, please see “Ways to Give” below.
If you are considering a major gift, please see “Major Gifts” below.
Thank you again for your generous support of the California Jazz Conservatory!
Ways to Give:
Online: Fill in the form above.Mail: Click or tap here for a Giving-by-Mail Form.Phone: Make your secure credit card gift by calling 510.845.5373 x 19.Email: Email email@example.com for non-monetary or in-kind gifts.Corporate Partnerships: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Institutions: Please contact email@example.com.Major Gifts: Please see below.
Scholarships & Initiatives:You may dedicate your gift to any one of the following CJC Scholarships and Initiatives by indicating your preference in the Online Giving box above.Dick ConteIn honor of jazz pianist and radio luminary Dick Conte
Sy GrossmanIn honor of CJC Board member and jazz pianist Sy GrossmanEddie MarshallIn honor of legendary jazz drummer Eddie MarshallBuddy MontgomeryIn honor of jazz vibraphonist and pianist Buddy Montgomery
Kim Nalley Black Youth ScholarshipEstablished by jazz and blues recording artist Kim Nalley to advance jazz education among Black youth
Girls’ & Women’s Camp In honor of Women’s Camp staff member and vocalist Laurie Silverman as well as guitarist and long-time Jazzschool student Barbara Fitzpatrick
Real-Time-Online Technology In support of developing our technological abilities to teach, learn and perform online
Six options are available to donors who wish to make a major gift:
Outright Gift Options1) Securities, such as publicly traded stocks and bonds, may be gifted electronically through Merrill Lynch. Our Financial Advisor is Adam Messinger, who may be contacted at 510.208.3862 or 800.937.0725. Hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Pacific Time. CJC account number is 28004041; tax ID is 43-1983168.
2) An IRA Charitable Rollover, for persons aged 70½ or older, may be in any amount up to and including $100,000 can be annually gifted, tax-free, from the donor’s IRA (Traditional or Rollover), counting toward the donor’s annual required minimum distribution.
Deferred Gift Options
3) A bequest may be arranged through a Will and/or Living Trust.
4) An IRA Beneficiary Designation may be easily completed online by visiting the website of the financial fiduciary where the IRA (Traditional, Rollover or Roth) is being managed and then designating the CJC as the (or a) beneficiary of this IRA.
5) A Charitable Remainder Trust may be funded with an appreciated asset that first provides income (fixed or variable) to the donor and then benefits the CJC upon the donor’s passing.
The Jennifer A. Maxwell Endowment for Educational and Operational Excellence
6) Your contribution to The Jennifer A. Maxwell Endowment for Educational and Operational Excellence will provide the Conservatory with a reliable source of funds each year, seen as necessary not only to sustaining, but also growing a reputable and competitive program, allowing the Conservatory to move forward artistically and academically and enabling it to do what it does best: nurture students who enter the Conservatory as burgeoning musicians and graduate as full-fledged artists. Moreover, the endowment provides the Conservatory with a compelling institutional strategy: it enables the institution to convey to its various constituencies that it is committed to sustained financial stability. Please contact Susan Muscarella, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information about the Endowment.
To learn more about these opportunities, please contact Mary D’Orazi, Philanthropy Associate, at 510.845.5373 x19 or email@example.com.